Cairn O'Mount Challenge

Run reports

Cairn O'Mount Challenge

Postby Bill L on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Last saturday 30th May there were 6 or 7 wheelers did the Cairn O'Mount challenge. The organisers do a very good Sportive - a few of us did their Perthshire Challenge last august and it was good as well. The weather held and apart from the wind it was really straightforward. Colin S put us all to shame with his time and placing but everyone seemed to really enjoy it. I was embarrassed by stalling on the top of the Cairn and having to walk over the last 20 metres (only 10 miles into the run) but still got back with a decent time of 5h12m for the 82 miles. The only problem was a hitch with some of the signposting. A few people missed a sign to Caterline which was hidden by a BT van and some people might have missed the last signpost taking us on a loop round Edzell. In the Perthshire Challenge last year there was a similar problem with poor signage at the bottom of a steep hill resulting in someone in my group going straight out on a T junction. No one was hurt. The Chiken Tikka rolls, cheese and onion rolls and Coronation chicken rolls at the finish are great and again they had millionairre's shortbread - a favourite. Sitting on the grass at the finish talking about the run was really nice. I wasnt going to do the Perthshire Challenge again but saturday was so enjoyable I probably will.
Bill L

Return to Run Reports